For all you Mulberries out there claiming your free Charlotte’s Web unit I’ve put together a list of my favourite resources to add to your unit study as you read aloud. They are free resources unless otherwise listed.
The first two activities where shared by @athomeunexpected on instagram (thank you!)
3. Lap book and activities from confessionsofahomeschooler.com (costs $3.99) - I haven’t personally purchased this but I’ve seen lots of happy customers reference it :)
4. Web weaving
5. Archnid Natural Journal Page from Kathysclutteredmind.com
A breif description of a spider nature walk and a few quick spider facts, plus a free printable journal page. (Image above used with permission from Kathy.)
6. Copywork of some lovely Charlotteʼs Web quotes from walkingtheway.com (for all you Charlotte Mason fans xx)
7. Spider anatomy game from childhood101
Practice number recognition and idenifying spider anatomy with this dice and drawing game.
8. Spider facts printable booklet from currclick
Real photos and facts.
10. Farm Sanctuary, My Friends My Farm Video - A video for kids about factory farming realities.
I found this via The Unplugged Family (who has a list of the activities they did with Charlotteʼs Web which is definitely worth checking out).
11. Why spiders don't stick to there own webs- simple experiment from sciencematters.blogspot
12. Catch and Preserve a Spider Web from Sun Hats and Wellie Boots
13. Wilburs Emotions worksheet from abcteach.com ($ a membership download although you can see the idea and create your own I'm sure)
15. Make your own Fact Book for emergent readers again from makinglearningfun
The home made math Exploring Number in Charlotte's Web unit, uses mathematical reasoning to explore questions that arise in the book.
Is 7 lucky? - Number Play and Patterns
How many geese? - Multiplication and Division
More than 100 people- A word problem
A giant pig- Measurement and Scale -applying division and multiplication